Region 3 Updates
Call for Nominations for Regional Committee Chairperson (RACC)
Elections for the Regional Administrative Committee Chairmen (RACC) will be conducted the year before the Olympic Games. Elections for the Regional Junior Olympic Committee Chairmen (RJOCC), Regional Xcel Committee Chairman (RXCC), and the Regional Technical Committee Chairmen (RTCC) will be conducted one year after the Olympic Games. They shall serve for four (4) years.
Elections are to be completed by April 15 and term of office begins July 1st.
a. Regional Administrative Committee Chairmen (RACC) shall solicit nominations from the regional Professional membership through the regional newsletters and websites. Nominations for the position of RACC will be sent to the National Administrative Committee Chairman.
b. All nominees who are eligible candidates for each office will be placed on the online ballot.
c. A call for nominations by the Regional Administrative Chairman must be published and/or posted online for a minimum of one month prior to the submission deadline of no later than March 1
d. The following statement will be placed on the USA Gymnastics national website and emailed to all Women’s Professional Members who have current email addresses. Each Region and State should post it on their websites so that the Professional members are aware of the voting procedures and their responsibilities to ensure that their vote will be counted.
- Elections will be conducted online at www.usagym.org from April 1– April 15. In order to ensure that their vote can be counted, each Professional Member should make sure of each of the following:
1) That their address is current (specifically the State)
2) That they know their personal User ID
3) That they know their password
4) That their Professional membership, safety certification and background check must be fully processed and current by February 28.
- If you have any questions regarding your voting privileges, please call the Director of Women’s Program Administration at (317) 829- 5661.
Why should you come cheer on the U.S. Gymnastics Team at the AT&T American Cup on March 7 at AT&T Stadium? Click on the video to hear from Olympic Champion and two-time American Cup competitor Aly Raisman talk about how exciting the event will be at a football stadium!
AT&T American Cup Field Announced:
In addition to two-time World All-Around Champion Simone Biles, the U.S. gymnasts who have accepted invitations to compete in the 2015 AT&T American Cup are 2014 AT&T American Cup Champion and World Team Bronze-Medalist Sam Mikulak, 2014 World Team Gold-Medalist MyKayla Skinner, and 2014 World Team Bronze-Medalist Donnell Whittenburg. Highlighting the international field are three-time Olympian and past World All-Around Champion Vanessa Ferrari of Italy; three-time Olympian and nine-time World Medalist Fabian Hambuechen of Germany; and 2012 Olympian and 2014 World Parallel Bars Champion Oleg Verniaiev of Ukraine. Click here for the full field.
JO Committee minutes from May, 2014 are now posted under Minutes
Just to be clear:
1. Effective 2015: Top 7 athletes in each age division will qualify to Level 9 East/West Championships.
2. Effective 2016: The JO NIT will be eliminated and there will be 12 age divisions at JO Nationals with three days of competition.
Please check the minutes for the official motions.
USA Reigns Gold!! Congratulations to WOGA and World Champions on their success in China and their superb preformance. Region 3 fielded 3 of the 7 athletes on the World team. GO USA and Region 3!
"Congratulations to Josephine Whitney for having her new skill named after her at the NIT - JO National competition. It is beam mount, which is a switch leg leap landing in a full split" Josephine trains at National Elite Gymnastics. Great job Josephine!
Region 3 Level 7 Session 1 champs